WE'VE GOT ANSWERS.

WHAT IS PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR?

WILL MY PAINT BE DAMAGED?

Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is a method of removing minor dents and dings without removing any paint from the vehicle. The process involves very patiently massaging the dent out from the back of the panel and sometimes from the front with the use of specialized tools.

WHAT IS DENT REPAIR?

If quality is important to you, PDR is the best option. With PDR, the quality of service results in pristine restoration, as if the dent never happened in the first place. Most conventional repairs can leave you with filler or paint shrinkage months down the road. With us, it's not a worry. We don't employ grinding, bonds, fillers, or primers since your original factory paint will not be disturbed.

PDR is also the cost-effective option. Typically, estimates for dent repair costs $500 or more at a reputable body shop. The same dent can be repaired for a fraction of that cost using PDR.

A common practice of many PDR technicians to drill or punch holes in door frames, quarter panel jambs, inner wheelhouse panels, or elsewhere to gain access to a dent with their tools. It’s also common for the customer to remain uninformed of this. Dent-Pro of the Upstate will *always* take the extra time to try and repair a dent without drilling. In the rare event that drilling is necessary to fix your dent, you will always be advised prior to repairs and choice to drill will be yours. If a small hole is necessary, it will be rust-proofed and plugged.

WHAT DOES NO DRILLING MEAN?

DO YOU REPAIR SCRATCHES OR PAINT WORK?

We don’t offer repairs for scratches and paint. We have found that there are many quality issues with the quick mobile paint repair systems. If your vehicle needs paint work, we will happily refer you to a paint shop in the Upstate whose quality you can count on.

DO YOU HAVE A DISCOUNT FOR MULTIPLE DENTS?

If you have more than one minor dent on a panel, we can include those dents for very little extra, depending on the sizes and number of dents. If your car has a lot of minor dents, we offer a very reasonable price per-car.

No, your paint will be kept intact and pristine. Today’s factory paints are very flexible and resistant to damage. PDR is the only way to repair a dent and still keep that factory paint.

In the case of most minor dents, the restoration process will completely remove them. The deeper the dent, the more difficult it is to repair. However, once we’re finished with even major dent removals, most people are amazed at the results. Before any work is started, we will explain in detail what we expect the results will be.

WILL MY DENTS COME BACK?

WILL MY DENT BE COMPLETELY GONE?

After our process is finished, your dents are gone for good. Once a dent has been removed properly using PDR, it will never come back. Conventional dent repair can leave rings around the dent, or cause sand scratch marks to appear 3-6 months after the repair. With properly performed Paintless Dent Repair, you’ll never encounter these issues..

CAN ANY DENT BE FIXED?

Not every dent is eligible for removal. Depth and location are the two factors in determining whether a dent can be repaired by PDR. Sometimes a large dent will be too deep or twisted. Sometimes a small dent will be so deep that the metal stretches beyond PDR effectiveness. Sometimes cracked paint will indicate that a dent is too deep for PDR. 

We most commonly fix dents that are golf ball-sized or smaller. About 95% of minor dents can be repaired, leaving only 5% that aren’t eligible for repair due to location or size. Areas of the vehicle that are bad candidates for PDR are quarter panel opening lips, some forward areas of heavily braced hoods, or the very edges of some panels.

CAN PDR HELP WITH MY LEASE RETURN VEHICLE?

It sure can. We will remove those dents for a lot less than you will be charged for “excessive wear and tear on your vehicle’s exterior.” If your lease is up soon, give us a call. You’ll be glad you did.

CAN PDR HELP ME SELL MY CAR?

When people shop for a car, appearance makes the biggest impression. If the car looks good, they’ll assume it’s been well taken care of. Used car dealers and wholesalers know this, too, and often use Paintless Dent Repair before they sell to increase the value–and price–of the car. If you’re selling your car, PDR is one of the best ways to draw in buyers, make a quicker sale, and get top dollar for your vehicle.

Schedule your service today

QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR?